Marcelo - Veneers
Patient Details: Marcelo, 31, had extrinsic acid erosion, especially on his upper arch buccally due to excessive soft drink consumption. His main concern was the aesthetics of his smile.
Treatment plan: diet advice, digital smile design, gingival recontouring, minimum prep veneers, Michigan splint.
- OHI, hygiene, diet advice, diagnosing records, records for digital smile design
- Motivational simulation mockup with video and pictures for patient understanding of potential final results
- Minimum prep veneer preparation, on top arch from UL4 to UR5 and replacement of UL5 and UL6 crowns. itero scan. Temporaries.
- Top arch restorations filed. iTero scan for Michigan splint
- Review and Michigan splint fit.
Inlays & Onlays
An inlay is used in a similar way to a traditional filling but looks much more genuine. Inlays are used to repair the large chewing surface of a back tooth and to mend larger cavities where a conventional filling wouldn’t be strong enough. Often, inlays may replace traditional fillings that failed or fell out, since they are more durable.
An onlay is similar to an inlay, just a little larger. An onlay is necessary for a significant reconstruction, where it extends out over one or more cusps of the tooth. Onlays can repair a cavity right in the central part of the chewing surface, as well as one or more of the tooth cusps.